Apple Commercials

Speaks for itself
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Apple Commercials

Post by [JiF]Mike »

I just love the new Apple Commercials. Here's one I saw in a web page but didn't get until I saw this YouTube of it. :)

Anyone switched back to XP from Vista besides me? I switch my laptop back cause HP had no plans to support a Vista upgrade, and I am seriously considering switching my desktop back to XP. It quite simply doesn't perform nearly as well as XP. I've been reading about XP SP3 and it supposedly increases the performance of XP, while SP1 of Vista really isn't going to change much. I like the Vista GUI...but that's about it in the end. :(
ImageImage
[JiF]Beezer
Forum User

Re: Apple Commercials

Post by [JiF]Beezer »

I just built my new rig and running XP isn't really going as well as I hoped. I have a feeling that vista would end up helping my pc more than XP does. I got the same thought
from my uncles friend who is a big time pc builder. I'm not sure if I'll switch, I might try it cause my uncle has a copy of vista. So within the next few months I might try it
and I'll let you know how it goes. :?
Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play.
-Immanuel Kant

ImageImage
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

It's not a bad commercial but I think it's fairly lame considering the problems that Leopard has been having. The whole Stones:Glass Houses thing. It's a little easier for Apple to fix Leopard precisely because Windows has to support the cheap plugins that everyone is having trouble getting to work with Vista.

Besides very few people actually upgraded to Vista. Most people (like me) sat with XP because it works fine and Vista would cost $100+. Plus Microsoft is releasing SP3 soon so it's not like they're cutting off support for XP.

So the commercial kinda grates on me because Apple seems to be drifting away from being something fun and is getting a little more harsh. The early PC v. Apple commercials were pretty light hearted which made them a lot more enjoyable (and probably a lot more effective).
[JiF]Sly Gambit
Forum User

Post by [JiF]Sly Gambit »

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2223921,00.asp

There's an article from a MacBook / PC user about Leopard having just as many problems as Vista.
[JiF]Mike
Site Admin

Post by [JiF]Mike »

Yeah I've read about Leopard having issues, I think it's hilarious. :)
ImageImage